Thank You ~ Six years and over 94,000 Views




I started this blog six years ago, basically as a type of farm journal.  I didn't expect but a handful of people to view my posts or show an interest in what I wrote.  Sometimes I seemed to have a clear direction of where I was going with the blog and other times, it was hit and miss.  And, I did the unthinkable in the blogging world for anyone who is serious about statistics and wants to keep their blog active:  I took a break.  In fact, I have rarely written on this blog in the last two years.  I have a total of 6 posts for the year 2013 and this particular post will be only the 5th for 2014.  In spite of that, this humble blog of a small time farmer in nowhere Virginia received 1, 877 views just last month.  In the last six years, we have received over 94,000 hits.  That tells me that within my meanderings, soul searching, journaling, sharing experiences, posting recipes, introducing folks to our animals, and instructional posts, I have somehow unexpectedly provided information that a niche of the public is interested in reading.   Just some interesting trivia regarding the blog is the following break down of views from various countries around the world:

United States

66245
Russia

3113
Canada

2475
Germany

2062
United Kingdom

1813
France

1691
Ukraine

1333
Poland

965
Australia

921
China

655


In reviewing statistics, I found the number one farm related post during the history of this blog is the entry I wrote about Dominique Chickens with1,901views..  The second most popular post is my instructional on Making Cottage Cheese with 1,403 views. It Ain't Pretty, an entry about our makeshift milking parlor, comes in third with 668 views.

 From the bottom of my heart, I thank each of you who have taken time out of your lives to support this blog.  It is encouraging and extremely humbling to think that the words I have put here have reached so many people in the past six years.  





Comments