Saturday, March 19, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday ~ Sausage Stuffing Balls

So, I found this handy, free application for my Android phone.  It is from Allrecipes.com and allows a person to make a few choices as to what they are looking for in a recipe (such as type of meat or other recipe, how long you want to spend cooking it, and whther you want a main course, salad, appetizer, etc.)   I can actually plan meals while I am milking cows by using this application on my phone.  ;-)  This morning I was looking for something to take to a church dinner tomorrow and found a recipe I thought looked really good for meatballs made from pork sausage and stove top stuffing.  I don't eat it often, but I am crazy about stove top stuffing.  So, I figured this recipe would be very tasty.  I wasn't disappointed.  Of course, I had to sample them...................and sample them.................and  then sample them some more!  

Sausauge Stuffing Balls

Ingredients


1/2 cup herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix

3/4 cup hot water

1 pound ground pork sausage

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

1/2 cup finely chopped celery

1 egg, beaten

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

2.In a medium bowl, mix herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix with hot water. Gradually mix in pork until blended with the stuffing mix. Stir in onion, celery, egg and baking powder.

3.Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls. Place the balls on a large baking sheet, cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes.

4.Remove foil. Raise oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking 25 minutes, until golden brown.

Taken from Allrecipes.