Thursday, November 04, 2021

Cornish Hens with Wild Rice Stuffing

Cornish Hen with Wild Rice Stuffing

8-10 Cornish Hens
3/4 Cup Butter
1 2/3 Cups mushrooms
1/2 Cup chopped onions
1/4 Cup chopped green pepper
3 Cups cooked wild rice
1/2 Cup crushed, drained pineapple
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
  
Melt 1/4 cup butter in large skillet and sauté mushrooms, onions and peppers.  Add rice, pineapple, salt and pepper and toss lightly.  Stuff hens.  Place breast side up and brush with rest of butter.  Bake uncovered for one hour at 325 degrees.  After one hour, cover and allow to cook until tender and cooked thoroughly.  (May take up to another hour.)  


Recipe Credit: 

 I received this recipe from my first Mother-in-Law, Kay Hall.  I don't call her my ex mother-in-law because we never divorced each other.  She has always been there for me and continues to love me and be a part of my life.  I have wonderful memories of partaking of this meal in her home and sharing good times around her table.  She originally received the recipe from her dear friend, MaryJo Robb, for whom she named her daughter. I don't make this dish often, but it remains one of my favorites.