Thursday, October 23, 2008

Look Who Showed Up



This young black heifer just showed up at our place.

Sadie, the Corgi was outside on the front deck. She doesn't bark much, but I could tell by her body language that something was "different" outside. I looked out the kitchen window and about that time I saw my cows in the front pasture walking along with a black cow that did not belong to me. She is obviously in heat and looking for a boyfriend. Fortunately for her owner (yet to be determined) the bull was in the back pasture. I locked her in a small paddock only to have her go crazy on me. She did the same thing Nelly did last night but suspended herself on the board fence for a while!

Now she out roaming around the field with my girls and Mike is roaming around trying to find out who she belongs to.

Life is never dull!