Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Simply Sunday


“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder


(Photo courtesy of Marion Kanour. This Miniature Jersey bull calf will come to our farm when he is weaned around three months. I intend for him to be our future herd sire. Here he is pictured with his dam, Elsie.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,
This is where you need to have a point of reference in the photo! These jerseys don't look mini because there's nothing to compare them against that is "ordinary size"!! They are both perfectly in proportion to one another! What gorgeous looking animals they are too.
Thanks,
Heidi

The Cupp Family Farm said...

That's one of the things I really like about this bull calf. He is very proportionate and does not have the "short" legs. My bull, Peanut, was like that and turned into a real looker. Peanut ended up being a "mid" mini but still has quite a following of folks who admire him. I also have folks still contacting me to see if I collected semen from him. This little buy puts me in mind of him with his conformation. I am hoping for a bull that ends up being either a "tall" mini or on the lower end of the mid-mini range. We shall see! It is hard to tell without some sort of reference how tall they are. This little bull is not as short as some that I have raised but he's still on the small side.