Pineapple Ice Cream



I finally decided to give up my electric, bucket, ice cream maker circa 1970's that I got at an antique store new in the box for $20 and go for one of those "iceless/salt free" counter top models. After asking everyone I could think of what type of ice cream maker they would recommend, I finally bought the Cuisnart ICE-30BC. Knowing how much ice cream we eat in the summer (after all we have a free supply of milk and cream), I worried that the 2 quart bowl would not be nearly big enough. However, it turns out that it is just perfect for the two of us. We can make a batch of a different flavor every night if we want to. So far we have made vanilla, strawberry, peanut butter, peach and pineapple.

Pineapple ice cream is something I had never tried until I married Mike and I must admit that I tried it reluctantly. However, let me just go on the record as say, "It is absolutely delicious!"

Pineapple Ice Cream

1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 large can of crushed pineapple
2 egg yolks from free range hens (optional to add color)

Mix all ingredients together until sugar has dissolved and then pour into Cuisinart ice cream mixer and freeze.

Comments

Home made ice cream is just the best of cheap luxuries!
Ok, this may have to go on my birthday list!!!! And you just sent me back to my youth with the pineapple icecream recipe!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Linda in GA
WeldrBrat said…
I want one! Where can I find one with a cow to go with it? LOL Too cool! I may go ahead and ask Santa for one without the cow!
Deb said…
I may have to try this too!

We got our ice cream maker at wally, not as good as yours...but I wanted cheap as we don't eat it as often and DH's Aunt said thats where she got hers.

She also said to mix up the icecream mix the day before and put it in the fridge to make sure it's good and cold, before putting it in the icecream maker...I was wondering if you had to do that with the one you bought...cause it can be a pain to do that when we have several gallons of milk in there. (we run out of room quickly! LOL)