Thursday, March 12, 2015

Banana Oatmeal Muffins

I'm pretty particular about my bread products.  I like something with texture in addition to flavor.  I made some muffins a few weeks back and while my family liked them, but I didn't care for them at all.  I then went in search of a recipe more to my liking, and decided I wanted something made with oats.  I found a recipe for Banana Oatmeal Muffins and while the family thought they were great, and I enjoyed the flavor and texture, they were too dry for me.  So, I adapted the recipe and came up with a delicious, moist, flavorful, textured muffin recipe using two raw milk dairy products (butter and yogurt) and farm, fresh eggs.  If you get a chance to try it, I hope you enjoy the muffins as much as we do. 



Banana Oatmeal Muffins (12 large servings)

2 cups flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups bananas mashed
2 eggs
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup of thick yogurt (Greek or homemade that has been strained)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In medium bowl stir together the dry ingredients.  In another bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla and butter.  Add the banana mixture to the dry flour mixture, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moist.  (Do Not Over Stir!) 



Grease muffin cups (I use coconut oil).  Spoon batter into the cups and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.  (Watch closely after about 12 minutes and remove when toothpick inserted comes out clean.)  Let cool in pan for ten minutes.  Remove from pan after ten minutes and let cool on wire rack.  Once cool, store in an airtight container.  Even better after they have rested overnight.