Long Day

I woke up this morning at 4 am when Hunter was barking and could not go back to sleep. So, I went ahead and fed the peeps that were still in the tub, let the dogs out, folded clothes and checked my email (Thanks, Corinne for the wonderful email that I have not had a chance to respond to yet!) I then lay back down on the bed thinking I would rest for about 30 minutes. I woke up an hour later! Oops! I jumped up, dressed and went to feed and milk the cows, feed and let out the free range hens, tend to the calves, tend to the dogs and clean up the milking equipment. I then jumped in the shower, then put on some makeup and without drying my hair took off for my trip to Roanoke to go to Sam's Club with my friend, Liz. When I started down the driveway, I realized the electric fence was down, turned around, got what I needed to fix the fence, walked to the barn to turn of the electric, walked back down to where the fence was down, repaired it, and walked back to the barn to turn the electric back on. Then I jumped in the car again and headed an hour and forty five minutes down the road to Roanoke. Liz and I had a good time at Sam's Club shopping and stocking up on essentials. I have not shopped at Sam's in years. I use to stock up 6 months worth of groceries when I lived in Alaska. Of course now we have all our own beef, and fruits and veggies in the freezer and canned.

After going to Sam's we went back to Liz's house and had pizza and then it was time for me to get on the road again. I needed to get home before dark and take care of the animals. I got home and it took me a while to unload the groceries and it was almost dark when I started milking. Mike came and helped me finish with the animals but then we had to set up a pen with a light for the peeps to get them out of the bathroom that was now starting to smell like a poultry house. It took us until almost 8 to get that set up and the peeps moved to their new home. One little peep doesn't look like she is going to make it. She's pretty lifeless right now. They are so fragile.

After leftovers for Mike and a sandwich for me, I decided to let everything else go until tomorrow.

No comments: