Monday, September 14, 2009

A Letter From Ben

Dear Tammy



I went to the doctor’s today. First time! They seemed so nice, but it was only an illusion. While they were distracting me with treats, they stuck this thermometer (well, I’m too refined to say where). Boy, I’ll never trust them again. They tried spraying bordatella up my nose. Eeeeew! Not for me, no ma’am. They ended up giving me a shot instead. And another shot. I’m so tired I can hardly get this letter off to you. Tomorrow, I get heartworm and flea and tick stuff.



I weight 5 lbs 13 ounces. Wow! I’ve gotta quit eating so much. I had a little accident on the way home from the doctor’s, but whadda you expect? Man, I’d been through so much. Larry had to change his shorts. He didn’t care, at least not too much. He loves me, you see. I sleep with him. It’s a lot better than sleepin’ by myself in the crate.



I went all the way up the stairs today. By myself! First, I went one step; next time I went five; then I went six; and, finally, I went all the way. I haven’t figgered how to go down the stairs yet. Don’t worry, I’ll get there. Yesterday, I stayed in my crate while Larry went to church. I was really good and didn’t cry at all. Then Larry took me for a walk to meet all the neighbors. They really make a fuss. You’d think they’d never seen a puppy before.



Larry’s gonna buy me health insurance, and he’s thinkin’ about sending me to puppy head start and then for some private lessons. He didn’t do any of that stuff for Tyler , so I don’t know why he’s doing it for me. I’m just as smart, if not smarter.



Well, Tammy, that’s enough for now. Thanks for everything, You gave me a really, really good start.







Ben