Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oatmeal Cookies



Blogging has become a great way for me to keep track of my favorite recipes while at the same time share them with others.

Mike loves Oatmeal Cookies. I have a batch in the oven right now!

Oatmeal Cookies

3/4 cup butter softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup coconut (optional)

Beat butter, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat. Beat in as much of the flour as possible with the mixer. Stir in the rest of flour, oats and coconut.

Drop by rounded teaspoons two inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.

Bake 8 minutes per batch at 375 degrees

(OK, I admit, I make my cookies bigger than the recipe suggests!)