Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Easy Fudge


Most of the time, making things the old fashioned way is the only way to go! I mean, things just taste better when extra time and special ingredients are used to produce a food item that tickles the taste buds!

However, I cheat when I make fudge. I make it in the microwave.

While I had one person tell me that it was good but "not as good as mom's" for the most part, folks never even know it's the "easy version" unless I tell them.

So, make some fudge using this easy recipe and just let your friends think that you spent hours in the kitchen with a secret recipe!

Easy Fudge

3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup walnuts or pecans

Place all ingredients, except nuts, in a large bowl. Microwave until chips are melted, 3-5 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts. Pour into well buttered square baking dish, 8x8 inches. Refrigerate until set. Makes 16 (2 inch) pieces.

Note: Have fun with this recipe by trying different flavored chips. Try a mixture of peanut butter and chocolate. Try some butterscotch chips. Try making it with white chocolate. Try it with or without the nuts.

Enjoy!