Easy Fudge


Most of the time, making things the old fashioned way is the only way to go! I mean, things just taste better when extra time and special ingredients are used to produce a food item that tickles the taste buds!

However, I cheat when I make fudge. I make it in the microwave.

While I had one person tell me that it was good but "not as good as mom's" for the most part, folks never even know it's the "easy version" unless I tell them.

So, make some fudge using this easy recipe and just let your friends think that you spent hours in the kitchen with a secret recipe!

Easy Fudge

3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup walnuts or pecans

Place all ingredients, except nuts, in a large bowl. Microwave until chips are melted, 3-5 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts. Pour into well buttered square baking dish, 8x8 inches. Refrigerate until set. Makes 16 (2 inch) pieces.

Note: Have fun with this recipe by trying different flavored chips. Try a mixture of peanut butter and chocolate. Try some butterscotch chips. Try making it with white chocolate. Try it with or without the nuts.

Enjoy!

Comments

Always used this recipe, except on the stove top, 'cause I could make triple batches. Always the nummyest fudge and I never told folks either. ;))