Upside Down Berry Cobbler







A friend of mine posted a link to a fabulous, slow cooker recipe for berry cobbler made by Paula Dean.

Since I did not want to use my slow cooker and did not have any prepared mix for the dough, I used an old standby recipe that I have and made my own version without the raspberries. I had orchard strawberries and blueberries in the freezer.

Upside Down Berry Cobbler

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

I throw all of this in my Kitchenaide mixer and blend it together. Pour mixture in the bottom of pyrex dish.

I mixed about three cups of berries with enough sugar to sweeten. Pour berries on top of sweet dough mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until crust is done on top.

I like to use real butter and real vanilla. I think it makes the difference between "good" and "great" in recipes. Tastes best with some fresh Jersey cream,milk or ice cream on top!

Yum!

Comments